At Best Foot Forward Consulting (BFFC), we pride ourselves in our commitment to protecting your privacy. We want you to know how personal information about you is used, collected and disclosed.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify or contact you individually, and other information required to provide the products and services you have requested. Typically, this includes your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and credit card number. If a person attends a workshop through their company, it can also include contact information about the person in their business capacity, such as the name, title and the business name, address and telehone number.
Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc – 10 Privacy Principles
Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc models their 10 Privacy Principles as established in Canada’s PIPEDA , Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada. Read more about them on this page.
1.Accountability 2.Identifying Purposes 3.Consent 4.Limiting Collection 5.Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention 6.Accuracy 7.Safeguards 8.Openness 9.Individual Access
10. Challenging Compliances
Best Foot Forward Consulting is responsible for maintaining and protecting personal Information about you in our care or control. We have a company officer who is accountable for compliance with our policies and PIPEDA.
We sometimes use outside companies, called third parties, to help us provide the product or service you request. Regardless of the location of these third parties, Intuit requires these third parties to comply with Canadian privacy legislation and our Privacy Principles. Certain third parties may be located in the United States and therefore may also be subject to US legi
You have the right to know how your information will be used. We will explain why we need your information before or when we collect it, if the purpose is not already clear. We will assume that the purpose is clearly identifies when we use your personal information to:
- Fulfill your product or service request
- Process your payment, including recurring payments when you request them
- Update you as to the status of your request
- Alert you to important product/service revisions or updates
- Ensure you are properly registered to receive the service requested
Best Foot Forward Consulting may use your personal information for secondary purposes such as:
- Telling you about special discounts or offers on our products and services
- Telling you about educational events, such as additional training seminars, conferences and online training sessions
- Inviting you to participate in customer surveys or other opinion-gathering devices
- Providing you with special offers from other companies made available to Best Foot Forward Consulting customers
Aggregate data is general information about groups of our customers. It does not identify people individually. Best Foot Forward Consulting may combine the information gathers with others persons to create statistical data so we can improve our products and services or develop new ones. For example, if we are working with a third party to develop products, we may give them the aggregate data but not you, personally.
Best Foot Forward Consulting will not give your personal information to any third party without your consent, except under the following limited circumstances:
- As is reasonably required to fulfill your service or product requirements. Any and all third parties shall be bound to bound to the same privacy requirements
- To comply with a legal process such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, court or law enforcement request.
- To resolve a contractual dispute regarding your use of a Best Foot Forward Consulting service, product or related account, or if your account may be involved in illegal activities
- To protect the personal safety of other users or members of the public in an emergency.
Best Foot Forward Consulting will only collect, use and disclose your personal information with your knowledge and consent, expect where permitted or required by law. Best Foot Forward Consulting will not rent, sell or otherwise distribute your personal information without your permission. Your consent to use your personal information will be implied for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your product or service request
- Updating you as to the status of your request
- Altering you to important revisions or updates
- Ensuring that you are properly registered for our services and products
To change your privacy preferences, please complete the Personal Information Change Form located here and mail it to us or fax it to the following:
Best Foot Forward Consulting Box 1964 Okotoks, AB T1S 1B7 Fax: 403.995.2332
Please note that if you post personal information on an online community, this information is publicly available and Best Foot Forward Consulting has no further obligations to maintain the privacy of that same information.
Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc will only collect personal information for the purposes we’ve identified or for the primary uses as we’ve described. We will always do this fairly and legally. There are several ways we’ll collect information:
- Through the purchase of services or products
- Through registrations of purchased services or products
- Through any Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc rebate or certificates
- Through requests for information
- From any third parties who you authorized to share such information
Whenever we ask for information that is not required for us to provide the service or product you requested, we will mark those questions appropriately as optional.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc will not use or disclose your personal information other than for the purposes for which it was collected, with the exception of receiving your consent or as permitted or required by law. When providing information in response to a legal inquiry or order, we will verify its validity and only disclose information that is legally required.
Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc will keep personal information only as long as necessary for the identified purposes or as required by law. Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc will follow internally set guidelines and use care in the disposal, destruction or de-identification of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to personal information.
Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We encourage you to let us know if your contact information changes.
To change your privacy and personal information, kindly advise Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc in writing.
We protect personal information in our possession and control by using security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc works to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration using industry-recognized security safeguards.
This policy is an overview of information about our policies and practices related to how we manage personal information. Any changes or modifications to our privacy practices will be posted in this policy. We will not make retroactive changes to the practices associates with your personal information without your consent.
Subject to exceptions as permitted or mandated by law and with your written request for your information, Best Foot Forward Consulting Inc will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.